The regular practice of meditation and guided imagery is the most powerful form of preventative medicine. It reduces stress, which is a major cause for many diseases. Meditation and guided imagery shows you how to achieve positive changes in your body through the power of your mind.
Imagine that every thought that enters your mind creates reality. On a personal level you can very easily observe this fact. If you entertain positive thoughts and feel happy you are having a good day. If you are down and upset the opposite happens.
Five easy steps you can do right now to change your thoughts from negative to positive:
- Breathe to your abdomen. When you are stressed you breathe to your chest, which induces the fight of flight response. Abdominal breathing activates your parasympathetic nervous system and breaks the stress cycle.
- Focus on happy memories. Feel the vibration of happiness and joy. Feel the smile on your lips. Research has shown that a happy outlook on life strengthens your immune system. And please remember that whatever you focus on you get more of.
- SMILE. Smiling is contagious. Each time you smile endorphins, natural painkillers, are released. Smiling boosts your immune system, because you are more relaxed. When you smile there is a measurable reduction in your blood pressure (If you have a blood pressure monitor at home please try it out. Smile for 10 minutes and measure your blood pressure before and after.)
- Create your own positive thought current. Focus on the favorite qualities you would like to experience in your life and repeat them like a mantra. For example, say to yourself: I am harmony. I am balance. I am inner peace. I am radiant health. I am happiness. I am joy. I am abundance. I am fulfillment. I am infinite love. You may recall memories from the past when you experienced these qualities. Create a positive vision for the future and imagine how your life would look like if you experience all these positive qualities simultaneously. Remember: whatever you focus on you get more of.
- Visualize yourself surrounded by benevolent golden light, which comes from the highest level and serves your highest good. The golden light is all around you. It protects you and shields you from all harmful influences. Through your breathing you bring this golden light into your body. Let it fill you entirely and exhale everything that does not serve your highest good. See yourself filled with light, surrounded by light and then you yourself become the light. You are safe, secure and protected. Always.
You have the power to change your life and the world for the better, simply by changing your thoughts.
Scientific studies have proven that the regular practice of meditation and guided imagery has many positive benefits. These include:
- control of blood pressure with less medication
- reduction in chronic pain
- improvements in sleep
- reduction of premenstrual symptoms
- reduction of nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing chemotherapy
- reduction in anxiety
- and more
Students who completed Dorit Brauer’s 8-week meditation classes at the Center for Integrative Medicine at UPMC and at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield experienced the following benefits:
- 75% improved sleep
- 74% decreased pain
- 82% improved concentration and energy level
- 92% decreased anxiety
- 100% improved well-being and ability to cope with stress
Experience these positive benefits first-hand, sign up for an ONLINE Meditation Class now.
Recommended Daily Practice:
The practice of meditation is accumulative, the more you practice the easier and faster you will be able to get into meditative relaxed states of mind.
Begin every day with a positive intention:
Practice the Peaceful Awakening or the Evolving Consciousness. Only two minutes to set your mind for a good day!
In times of extreme stress it is important to cultivate your own inner “reset button” allowing you to return to a neutral, more relaxed and even positive mind-set.
Please check out my recommended meditation list:
Open your Heart Instantly release everything that does not serve your highest good.
Empty Your Mind Detach and forget the troubles of the world.
Abundant Love Focus on Love and share your love with your loved ones.
Please remember that during your dream cycles at night you reprocess what happened during the day, so you want to release any stress before going to bed to assure a good quality sleep.